The Ayurvedic scalp massage is a 30 minute targeted treatment defined by heated oils and soothing movements to provide relief from stress and pain, stimulate hair growth, and promote an overall sense of wellness. The effects of the Ayurvedic scalp massage deliver calm and nourishment to not just the head but the entire body for healing and balance. The Ayurvedic scalp massage at K.WEST offers restoration and renewal.
The Benefits of Ayurvedic Scalp Massage
The Ayurvedic scalp massage is performed using heated oils that are massaged into the scalp. This careful and consistent treatment utilizes massage technique designed to stimulate the senses and detoxify the body.
Several types of oils are commonly used in Ayurvedic scalp massage, including sesame oil, mustard oil, almond oil, coconut oil, and olive oil. Once your esthetician determines the appropriate combination for your needs and your dosha, the treatment will begin and the entire head will be gently massaged using thumbs and fingers.
Ayurvedic scalp massage offers many benefits:
- Alleviates stress – Massage can help lower blood pressure and ease anxiety and depression. This allows for improved mental clarity and a sense of peace.
- Stimulates lymphatic system – The lymphatic system is a filter, a cog in the immune system, and the largest circulatory system in the body. Massage helps a sluggish or backed up lymphatic system, helping to minimize or eliminate inflammation and disease, from bloating to skin problems to constipation.
- Encourages elimination of toxins – Drinking fluids and increasing exercise help flush the system, but sometimes the body needs a little push to get rid of the things it doesn’t need, especially if you are unwell and cannot exercise frequently.
- Relieves chronic pain – Massage is a form of therapy for individuals who suffer with chronic pain, whether painful muscles, tendons, or joints. Massage stimulates nerve fibers and helps relieve tension to ease chronic pain.
- Improves circulation – The movement of massage facilitates improved circulation through the body thanks to the pressure and technique of massage, moving blood through the congested areas.
- Improves concentration – A balanced body is an energized body, which improves concentration, memory, and alertness.
- Stimulates hair growth – Scalp massage can help prevent hair loss by improving hair quality as well as stimulating hair growth.
Boost Your Well-Being with Ayurvedic Scalp Massage
An Ayurvedic scalp massage is considered one of the most important types of massage in the Ayurvedic tradition. This treatment is beneficial for the entire body, both physically and mentally, and also benefits the body’s energy.
The five senses are the body’s connection to the elements – air, earth, fire, water, and ether. Through the senses and elements are three forms of energy that are found within us and around us, known as doshas. The way your massage proceeds depends on your unique dosha.
Some people are the Vata dosha, air and ether; then there is Pitta, fire and water; and Kapha, water and earth. If there are imbalances within the doshas, the body can experience unnecessary stress, physical ailments, and a buildup of toxins in the body.
The oils in Ayurveda and the process of massage are intended to detoxify the system while also nourishing it, all with the intention of healing your doshas and bringing you back to equilibrium.
Is Ayurvedic Scalp Massage Right for You?
An Ayurvedic scalp massage is an opportunity for your mind and body to rejuvenate. We carefully administer this ancient healing practice at K.WEST, using specifically selected oils appropriate to balance your dosha and address any imbalances in your body. After treatment, showers are available for any clients who wish to wash their hair.
Contact Ann Arbor esthetician Katie Westgate at K.WEST to schedule your appointment and learn about scalp massage and other treatments for the body.